Next Meeting of the North American Numbering Council
On February 4, 2004, the Commission released a public notice announcing the March 16, 2004, meeting and agenda of the North American Numbering Council (NANC). The intended effect of this action is to make the public aware of the NANC's next meeting and its agenda.
Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 9 a.m.
Telecommunications Access Policy Division, Wireline Competition Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, The Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW., Suite 5-A420, Washington, DC 20554. Requests to make an oral statement or provide written comments to the NANC should be sent to Deborah Blue.
For further information contact:
Deborah Blue, Special Assistant to the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) at (202) 418-1466 or Deborah.Blue@fcc.gov. The fax number is: (202) 418-2345. The TTY number is: (202) 418-0484.
Released: February 4, 2004.
The North American Numbering Council (NANC) has scheduled a meeting to be held Tuesday, March 16, 2004, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Federal Communications Commission, Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW., Room TW-C305, Washington, DC. This meeting is open to members of the general public. The FCC will attempt to accommodate as many participants as possible. The public may submit written statements to the NANC, which must be received two business days before the meeting. In addition, oral statements at the meeting by parties or entities not represented on the NANC will be permitted to the extent time permits. Such statements will be limited to five minutes in length by any one party or entity, and requests to make an oral statement must be received two business days before the meeting.
Proposed Agenda—Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 9 a.m.*
1. Announcements and Recent News
2. Approval of Minutes—Meeting of January 13, 2004
3. Report from NBANC
4. Report of NAPM, LLC
5. Report of the North American Numbering Plan Administrator (NANPA)
6. Report of National Thousands Block Pooling Administrator
7. Status of Industry Numbering Committee (INC) activities
8. Reports from Issues Management Groups (IMGs)
9. Report of Local Number Portability Administration (LNPA) Working Group—Wireless Number Portability Operations (WNPO) Subcommittee
10. Report of Numbering Oversight Working Group (NOWG)
11. Report of Cost Recovery Working Group
12. Special Presentations
13. Update List of NANC Accomplishments
14. Summary of Action Items
15. Public Comments and Participation (5 minutes per speaker)
16. Other Business
Adjourn no later than 5 p.m.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 18, 2004.
*The Agenda may be modified at the discretion of the NANC Chairman with the approval of the DFO.Federal Communications Commission. Cheryl L. Callahan, Assistant Chief, Telecommunications Access Policy Division,Wireline Competition Bureau.